English 12 course outline
Provincial Exam Material
|File Size:||13 kb|
Click on the button below to read the article from Buzzfeed about what the author calls "Information Apocalypse".
Then answer the following questions:
1. Describe the phenomena that concerns Ovadya. What exactly does he think will bring about the infocalypse?
2. In what ways are the concerns Ovadya conveys in the article reflected in 1984?
3. In what ways do the concerns differ?
4. What do we need to do as a society to prevent the infocalypse from happening? Or do you think the word "infocalypse" is too strong a term? Explain.
5. Explain "reality apathy". Why does Ovadya see this as a problem?
News: New Media vs Old Media
Watch John Oliver NRA and answer the following questions
Understanding the Narrative and its Affect on Culture
Instructions for presentation
Find texts that convey the topic of identity for Tuesday's class
Discussion Questions for Black Mirror: Nosedive
On The Rainy River
The Spaces Between The Stars
Opinion Piece: There Are Bad Dudes Everywhere
|Opinion Piece: There are Bad Dudes Everywhere, Elizabeth Renzetti|
|File Size:||350 kb|